If you have been unable to get pregnant, IVF may be the best first treatment option for you – skipping IUI altogether – especially if you have blocked Fallopian tubes.
Pregnancy Success With IVF
When it comes to treating unexplained infertility, IVF has the best odds for pregnancy success – especially for women age 38 or older.
IVF pregnancy success rates are three times that of IUI using Clomid or Femara.
- IUI = 7.6 percent pregnancy rate per cycle
- IVF = 30.7 percent pregnancy rate per cycle
Fallopian Tube Obstruction
When a woman is diagnosed with blocked Fallopian tubes, it can be impossible for her to get pregnant naturally – or – using IUI. A blockage in one or both Fallopian tubes prevents sperm from passing through to reach and fertilize an egg. Blocked Fallopian tubes also place a woman at risk for an ectopic pregnancy.
IVF circumvents infertility caused by blocked Fallopian tubes because eggs are harvested surgically and fertilized with sperm in vitro. Resulting quality embryos are cultured and monitored for quality development before being transferred to the woman’s uterus or cryopreserved for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FETs).
The IVF Doctor
At his beautiful Hoffman Estates IL location, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs offers a vast array of advanced fertility diagnostic testing and customized IVF treatment protocols for every patient.
- Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Treatments
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization – including using donor eggs
- Genetic Testing and Gender Selection in conjunction with IVF
- Egg Donor & Gestational Carrier IVF cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
- Cryopreservation – Oocyte (egg), Embryo, Sperm
Click here to schedule your New Patient Telemedicine Consultation via Zoom with Dr. Jacobs – or call 888.325.7389.