There have been many amazing advancements made in the practice of fertility medicine by Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs. The Infertility Doctor has successfully built families for his patients for decades. When you’re unable to conceive naturally – don’t despair – discover what you need to know about choosing a Top Fertility Doctor.
Fertility Check #1 – Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Surgical Procedures
Diagnosing the root cause of your infertility is key to successful treatment.
- 40 percent of cases involve male-factor infertility
- 40 percent of cases involve female-factor infertility
- 20 percent of couples both suffer from a medical condition causing infertility
Corrective surgical procedures can be successful in restoring a woman’s infertility by removing endometrial polyps, fibroids, uterine adhesions, or a septum.
Fertility Check #2 – Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Fertility treatment usually begins with medication-induced growth of multiple eggs during a single woman’s menstrual cycle. When her eggs are released, a concentrated amount of sperm are inserted into her uterus via Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). This is a low-invasive procedure similar to a Pap smear. Many of Dr. Jacobs’ patients succeed in becoming pregnant through IUI.
Fertility Check #3 – In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
IVF is a more advanced fertility treatment that involves the growth and surgical harvesting of multiple eggs during a single menstrual cycle. These eggs are then fertilized with sperm in a controlled laboratory setting. After careful monitoring, a high quality embryo is selected to be inserted into the woman’s uterus. This is a procedure that is similar to a Pap smear.
IVF circumvents a wide variety of infertility issues, such as blocked fallopian tubes – or – poor sperm quality/quantity. IVF helps to surpass most medical conditions that prevent an egg and sperm from meeting and fertilizing into a quality embryo.
IVF also allows Dr. Jacobs to perform genetic diagnosis on each embryo. Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT) consists of the biopsy a single embryo’s cells. Genetic diagnosis of healthy embryos is performed through many advanced scientific techniques. Only quality embryos are transferred to the woman after genetic screening.
IVF is a viable option for patients who have tried less invasive treatments without success, such as IUI.
Multiple embryos can be closely monitored in vitro for quality development before being transferred to the woman’s uterus – or – cryopreserved for future Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures.
Fertility Check #4 – Cryopreservation to Preserve Fertility
Dr. Jacobs specializes in the preservation of fertility – for both women and men.
- Embryo Cryopreservation
- Oocyte – Egg- Freezing
- Sperm Cryopreservation
Cryopreserve and store your embryos, eggs, and/or sperm for weeks, months, or even years. Preserve your fertility during your prime reproductive years and get pregnant when you’re ready.
Fertility Check #5 – Choosing a Top Fertility Doctor
Make sure you work with a Top Fertility Doctor.
- You must be proactive and research every fertility doctor tip and referral
- Remember: Not all fertility doctors and clinics are the same – you must be selective
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and take notes during your initial consultation
- Get up to speed with fertility terms and acronyms for thorough keyword Google searches
- Read patient referrals to find a Top Fertility Doctor that has consistently demonstrated that he truly cares about his patients
- Don’t give up – reach out for support through fertility counseling
Fertility Check #6 – Important Questions to Ask
- Do you have experience working with [insert your medical challenge(s) here]?
- What are the benefits vs. risks associated with [insert desired fertility treatment protocol you’re seeking here]?
- Should I have genetic testing?
- Does my insurance cover fertility treatment?
- What are your pregnancy success rates?
- Will I be working with one fertility doctor throughout my treatment?
- How do I prepare for my upcoming fertility treatment – mentally, emotionally, and physically?
Top Fertility Doctor
Schedule your new patient telemedicine consultation via Zoom with Top Fertility Doctor Laurence A. Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.