If you are a woman wanting to delay having babies past your prime childbearing years – all you need to do is call for a consultation with The Infertility Doctor in Chicagoland to freeze your eggs . Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs has two beautiful offices in Buffalo Grove and Hoffman Estates Illinois.
Freeze Your Eggs in Chicagoland
Many women in their prime childbearing years are postponing pregnancy and preserving their future fertility by freezing their eggs. You can easily ensure your ability to have biologically connected children in the future.
As the Senior Doctor of Fertility Centers of Illinois, The Infertility Doctor has privileges to 10 fertility clinic locations and 2 IVF centers located in the Chicagoland area. After your consultation, you can choose from all convenient locations to pursue your customized egg freezing plan.
Reasons to Freeze Your Eggs
Egg freezing is the latest, modern family planning option being popularized and sought out by women in the 21st Century. Our oocyte cryopreservation technology gives women the opportunity to preserve their fertility for a variety of reasons.
- Pursuing educational goals
- Sustaining career goals
- Future financial planning goals
- Inability to find a life partner
- Facing cancer treatment
Freeze Your Young Healthy Eggs
A woman’s egg quality peaks after her prime reproductive years – typically 18 to 28. Between 28 and 33 – her mid-reproductive years – a woman’s ovaries will produce eggs of a lower quality. After 33, a woman’s egg quality production precipitously diminishes.
If you freeze your young, healthy eggs today, your uterus can conceive a healthy pregnancy into your 40’s.
Egg Freezing in Conjunction with IVF and Oocyte Vitrification
Egg freezing is accomplished through a simple variation of an IVF procedure.
- After undergoing a regimen of fertility medications to stimulate the growth of multiple egg follicles, a woman’s eggs are surgically retrieved
- The retrieved eggs are cryopreserved via a procedure known as vitrification
- Vitrification is the innovative, rapid-freezing technique to freeze gametes and embryos quickly – so that ice crystal do not form between the cells
- Cryoprotectants remove surplus water
- 6°F (37°C) to 320°F (-196°C) temperature drop instantaneously
- 99% survival rate
- Safely restores cell back to its original state
- Using vitrification, pregnancy success rates have dramatically increased
- Successful cryopreservation allows for the eggs to be later thawed, fertilized, and then transferred to the woman’s uterus for a successful pregnancy
- When a woman decides to start her family, her frozen eggs are thawed and fertilized with sperm through a highly specialized procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- After fertilization, the growth and development of the embryo is monitored for up to five days (blastocyst stage) before being transferred into the woman’s uterus for hopeful implantation
Egg Freezing Expertise in Chicagoland
It is important to work with a fertility doctor having over 35 years of designing customized egg freezing treatment plans for his patients. Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Laurence Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.