As partners of a gay relationship, you have the right to the joys of fatherhood. For over 40 years, Dr. Laurence Jacobs has steadfastly served the family planning needs of gay men through gestational surrogacy using donated eggs. Discover the various pathways to fatherhood for you and your gay partner in life.
Path to Fatherhood for Gay Men
Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs proudly serves on the medical advisory council for Path2Parenthood – a national organization supporting fertility treatment for the gay community. Dr. Jacobs has the compassion, care, and counseling that gay men need to plan their families.
Path to Fatherhood for Gay Men Mission Statement
There is no room for sexual orientation bias in the practice of fertility.
- No sexual orientation judgments
- No gender or transgender bias
- No personal or religious judgments
- No judgments toward interracial couples
- No judgments about marital status
LGBT Support Counseling
- How to support your partner during infertility treatment
- What challenges you can anticipate during infertility treatment
- What you should know before choosing the right fertility center
Fertility Family Planning for Gay Men
- Gestational Surrogacy – using donor eggs and sperm from one of the partners
- Egg Donation – to accomplish gestational surrogacy
Gay men wanting to have a child who will be biologically connected to one or both partners can achieve this dream through gestational surrogacy using donor eggs.
- One or both of the partners' sperm is used to fertilize the donor eggs
- Embryos are monitored for growth and quality development in vitro
- A quality embryo is transferred to a gestational surrogate mother's uterus
- The gestational surrogate will carry the baby to term
- Excess quality embryos can be cryopreserved for future Frozen Embry Transfer (FET) procedures
This path the fatherhood for gay men is very rewarding because both loving fathers can participate in the conception, pregnancy, and birth of their child
Family Planning Options for Gay Men
All members of the LGBT community are welcome to work with Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs. The Infertility Doctor has the clinical experience required to design a customized LGBT family plan meeting your personal and medical needs. Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with The Infertility Doctor – or – call 888.325.7389.