For one out of eight couples trying unsuccessfully to have a baby – 1/3 of these cases are attributed to infertility of the female partner. Most women are not aware of their infertility until they find themselves unable to get pregnant naturally. This is because many women learn to live with their symptoms – irregular periods, pain – as being “normal” female problems and do not discuss them with their doctor.
Female Infertility Symptoms
- Occur too frequently
- Do not occur at all
- Last too long
- Are too short
These are all red flags that ovulation is off – making conception difficult.
These symptoms are also indicative of:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Thyroid issues
These are all symptoms of endometriosis or other hormonal issues.
- During sex
- Bowel movements
- Random movements
Endometriosis is thought to be a hormonal issue that causes the uterine lining to grow outside of the uterus.
A women may be suffering from premature menopause if she experiences hot flashes. Prompt attention must be paid to this condition as it is difficult to treat.
- Skin blemishes
- Lower sex drive
- Facial hair growth
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair
You can Click Here to watch The Infertility Doctor’s webinar about the top 5 causes of female infertility.
Top 5 Causes of Female Infertility
- Female Age and Ovarian Reserve (egg supply)
- Ovulation Disorder (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - PCOS)
- Ovulation Disorders (Hypothalamic - Pituitary - Thyroid - Adrenal)
- Tubal and Pelvic Factors
- Lifestyle Factors (Weight - Nutrition - Smoking - Exercise)
Infertility is a Treatable Medical Condition
Infertility is a medical condition that is treatable – it is not a social stigma. The World health Organization defines infertility as a disease of the reproductive system. Infertility affects one in eight couples.
- 40 percent of infertility cases are due to female-factors
- 40 percent of infertility cases are due to male-factors
- 20 percent of infertility cases are due to both male and female factors
Female Infertility Factors
A woman’s fertility challenges are caused by a wide range of medical conditions hindering her reproductive system.
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve (due to natural aging)
- Ovulation Disorders (Hypothalalamic – Pituitary- Thyroid – Adrenal)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Tubal Factors (blocked Fallopian tubes)
- Pelvic Factors
- Uterine Factors
- Embryo Implantation Failure
- Lifestyle Factors (Obesity – Poor Nutrition – Smoking – Lack of Exercise)
These medical conditions require specialized medical attention. Do not ignore or downplay a medical diagnosis that can have harsh consequences in the future when you decide to start a family – and cannot.
The Compassionate Female Infertility Doctor
It is important to work with a compassionate infertility doctor having over 35 years of clinical diagnostic and successful treatment experience.
Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs has two beautiful office located in Hoffman Estates IL and Buffalo Grove IL. Dr. Jacobs is the Senior Doctor at Fertility Centers of Illinois and has privileges in 10 fertility clinic locations and 2 IVF centers located in the Chicagoland area. After you consult with Dr. Jacobs, you can choose from all convenient locations to pursue your customized IVF treatment plan.
Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Laurence Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.