National Immunization Awareness Month of August is a public service movement observed annually across the U.S. This national awareness movement is sponsored by the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC). The aim is to raise public awareness about the importance of vaccinating people of all ages – especially children – against a number of serious diseases. This awareness month also celebrates the successes of the different immunizations that have been created in the 20th century and beyond.
The NPHIC encourages medical professionals to become involved, raise awareness, and encourage patients to get immunized against serious diseases.
There are four key public messages promoted by this movement.
- Vaccines protect against serious diseases
- These diseases still exist and outbreaks do occur
- Vaccines are recommended throughout our lives
- Vaccines are very safe
Even though the public debate around the safety of vaccinations has been growing, leading scientists and medical professionals have remained steadfast in their support of sound and successful immunization protocols. Unfortunately, the voice of the anti-immunization supporters has led to an alarming decrease in the number of children being vaccinated.
For more than 50 years, vaccinations have saved more than a billion lives and prevented countless illnesses and disabilities in the United States. Vaccine-preventable diseases are still a threat when vaccines are neglected by parents.
- Whooping cough
These preventable diseases continue to infect U.S. children, resulting in hospitalizations and deaths every year.
Avid Promoter of Immunization Awareness
Dr. Laurence Jacobs is an avid promoter of immunization awareness during the month of August.
At his beautiful Hoffman Estates IL location, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs offers a vast array of cutting-edge fertility diagnostic testing and treatment protocols for every patient.
- Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Treatments
- Non-invasive IUI – Intrauterine Insemination – artificial insemination
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization – including using donor eggs
- Genetic Testing and Gender Selection in conjunction with IVF
- Egg Donor & Gestational Carrier IVF cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
- Cryopreservation – Oocyte (egg), Embryo, Sperm
Click here to schedule your New Patient Telemedicine Consultation via Zoom with Dr. Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.