Fertility treatment is stressful, regardless of your doctor’s recommended IVF protocol. You must be mentally and physically prepared well before your treatment begins. Mental and physical readiness can mean all the difference in IVF pregnancy success.
Preparing for IVF Treatment
- Eating a well-balanced diet will increase your chances of IVF success. You should begin improving your nutritional habits at least 3 months before your embryo transfer. Good nutrition enhances the health of your reproductive organs and ensures a quality blood supply to the uterus. Why is this important? Good nutritional habits you develop now will be easy to carry over into your pregnancy.
- Take a good quality multi-vitamin and mineral supplement containing vitamins A, B, D, and C complex. Your supplement should include zinc, magnesium, selenium, iron, and co-enzyme Q10 which all play a vital role in fertilization and implantation.
- Reduce your alcohol intake because studies show that women over 30 who drank seven or more alcoholic beverages a week were twice as likely not to conceive. Cutting out alcohol altogether while you try for a baby is the best plan because, once you conceive, your cravings for a drink will be diminished.
- Watch your BMI and get good sleep. A healthy adult Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18.5 and 24.9. A 2016 review of studies shows that not getting enough sleep leads women to consume an average of 385 more calories the next day. Too much body weight can make women less fertile. Seek help from a dietician and an exercise coach to help you lose weight and maintain a healthy BMI while you are trying to get pregnant. Remember: Your revamped diet and physical fitness regimen will help you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Avoid Caffeine in coffee, tea, and soda because it can have an adverse effect on female fertility. It’s best to cut caffeine out altogether to boost your fertility level and prepare for a healthy pregnancy. Drinking more than 300 mg of caffeine per day – 2 to 3 cups of coffee – has been linked to a higher risk of miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Exercise and Yoga increases blood flow to a woman’s reproductive organs and brings in fresh blood to cells. Exercise helps to oxygenate the blood. New studies have shown that fertility yoga helps to increase the chances of a successful IVF pregnancy by up to 26 percent. This is because yoga is proven to reduce stress and anxiety in IVF patients. Fertility yoga regimens include a series of poses and postures designed to improve fertility.
- Acupuncture for fertility has been proven by studies to increase a woman’s chances of getting pregnant by up to 50 percent! National Institutes of Health research has shown a direct correlation between acupuncture and pregnancy.
Customized IVF Treatment Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility doctor having over 35 years of diagnosing the cause of infertility and designing customized IVF treatment plans for his patients.
Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs has recently opened an office in beautiful Hoffman Estates. Fertility Centers of Illinois has 10 fertility clinic locations and 2 IVF centers located in the Chicagoland area. After you consult with Dr. Jacobs, you can choose from all convenient locations to pursue your customized treatment plan.
Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Laurence Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.