If you’re a woman wondering why she can’t get pregnant, you must understand the causes of infertility. Get proactive and become well-versed about fertility care. Did you know? Ten out of every 100 women have difficulty conceiving or carrying a pregnancy to full term. Infertility is more common than most women think. And: Forty percent of infertility cases are due to male-factor infertility. If you can’t get pregnant, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs is here to brief you on the bottom-line facts causing your infertility and help you conceive a baby.
Causes of Infertility
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive a baby after one year of regular, unprotected sex. Six months for women 35 and older. There are many common causes of infertility that go ignored – especially lifestyle factors. Here’s what you can do about them.
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine Fibroids
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes – a due to an untreated pelvic inflammation or SDT
- Hypothyroidism – a hormonal disorder
- Early Menopause –before age 40
- Radiation therapy or chemotherapy for cancer treatment
- Being Obese
- Being Extremely Underweight
- Excessive Exercise
State-of-the-Art Fertility Treatment
At his beautiful Hoffman Estates IL location, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs offers a vast array of cutting-edge fertility diagnostic testing and treatment protocols for each individual patient.
- Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Treatments
- Non-invasive IUI – Intrauterine Insemination – artificial insemination
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization – including using donor eggs
- Genetic Testing and Gender Selection in conjunction with IVF
- Egg Donor & Gestational Carrier IVF cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
- Cryopreservation – Oocyte (egg), Embryo, Sperm
Primary Medical Causes of Ovarian Disorders in Women
- Ovulation Disorders
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- PCOS – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Poor Egg Quality
- Thyroid Disorders
Reproductive Structural Medical Causes of Female Infertility
- Fallopian Tube Blockage
- Uterine Abnormalities – Fibroids
Age is always a factor in IVF pregnancy success chances – regardless of a medical condition.
- Under age 35 – 41 to 43 percent success rate
- Age 35 to 37 – 33 to 36 percent success rate
- Age 38 to 40 – 23 to 27 percent success rate
- Over age 40 – 13 to 18 percent success rate
A woman’s egg quality declines as she matures in reproductive years.
Adverse Lifestyle Factors for Females & Males
There are many lifestyle factors that can adversely affect natural pregnancy success.
- Physical unfitness and a high BMI – being obese
- Smoking and use of tobacco products
- Alcohol consumption
- Stress and anxiety
- Poor diet and nutrition
Primary Causes of Male-Factor Infertility
- Low sperm count
- Low sperm production
- Abnormal sperm shape and mobility – motility
Compassionate Infertility Doctor
Dr. Laurence Jacobs has been compassionately dedicated to providing expertise in infertility diagnostic testing and pregnancy success for over 40 years in the Chicagoland area. The Infertility Doctor has a beautiful office in Hoffman Estates IL that has been recently reopened after cessation due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click Here to book your new patient fertility telemedicine consult with Dr. Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.