Many women are wanting to delay childbearing past their prime reproductive years. This is possible through the phenomenal medical marvel of egg freezing. Egg freezing is the latest, modern family planning option being popularized and sought out by women in the 21st Century.
Freezing Your Eggs
Oocyte cryopreservation technology gives women the opportunity to preserve their fertility for a variety of reasons.
- Pursuing educational goals
- Sustaining career goals
- Future financial planning goals
- Inability to find a life partner
- Facing cancer treatment
Are you considering freezing your eggs?
A woman’s egg quality peaks after her prime reproductive years – typically 18 to 28. Between 28 and 33 – her mid-reproductive years – a woman’s ovaries will produce eggs of a lower quality. After 33, a woman’s egg quality production precipitously diminishes.
If you freeze your young, healthy eggs today, your uterus can conceive a healthy pregnancy into your 40’s.
Freezing Eggs Through IVF and Oocyte Vitrification
Egg freezing is accomplished through a simple variation of the conventional IVF procedure.
- After undergoing a regimen of fertility medications to stimulate the growth of multiple egg follicles, a woman’s eggs are surgically retrieved
- The retrieved eggs are cryopreserved via a procedure known as vitrification
- Vitrification is the innovative, rapid-freezing technique to freeze gametes and embryos quickly – so that ice crystal do not form between the cells
- Cryoprotectants remove surplus water
- 6°F (37°C) to 320°F (-196°C) temperature drop instantaneously
- 99% survival rate
- Safely restores cell back to its original state
- Using vitrification, pregnancy success rates have dramatically increased
- Successful cryopreservation allows for the eggs to be later thawed, fertilized, and then transferred to the woman’s uterus for a successful pregnancy
- When a woman decides to start her family, her frozen eggs are thawed and fertilized with sperm through a highly specialized procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- After fertilization, the growth and development of the embryo is monitored for up to five days (blastocyst stage) before being transferred into the woman’s uterus for hopeful implantation
Expertise in Freezing Eggs
It is important to work with a fertility doctor having over 35 years of designing customized egg freezing treatment plans for his patients.
Fertility Centers of Illinois has 10 fertility clinic locations and 2 IVF centers located in the Chicagoland area. After you consult with Dr. Laurence Jacobs, you can choose from all convenient locations to pursue your customized egg freezing plan.
Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Laurence Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.