We are pleased to announce that a new study by Fertility Centers of Illinois and Yoga for Infertility™ found that online yoga and in-person yoga are equally effective in improving your fertility during IVF. Yoga can reduce stress and anxiety among patients having failed one IVF cycle, or having had a miscarriage, by as much as 26 percent.
Yoga for Fertility™
Offering in-person classes and an online program, our patients can participate in 6 weekly meetings.
- In-person classes involve a 90-minute fertility yoga session and group discussion.
- Online programs consist of a DVD-instructed yoga class every week along with a 45-minute discussion session via SKYPE.
When you are investing significant amounts of time, money and emotion into an IVF cycle, you want to do everything you can to make it successful. Both online yoga and in-person yoga help to increase the chances of a successful IVF pregnancy by up to 26 percent. This is because yoga is proven to reduce stress and anxiety in IVF patients.
Yoga for Infertility™ 6-Week Series of Sessions
This revolutionary 6-week series of yoga sessions have been specifically designed to improve fertility by:
- Increasing blood flow to reproductive organs
- Releasing stress
- Alleviating anxiety
- Balancing life energy flow in the body
- Helping to reset your endocrine system – aiding hormonal balance
- Supporting a healthy immune system
- Detoxifying the body
- Creating clarity in your mind
Six weeks of in-person or online fertility yoga can reduce an IVF patient’s stress and anxiety between 23 and 26 percent. Now, you can experience the benefits of yoga by practicing online at home.
Benefits of Yoga for Fertility™
A thoughtful regimen of yoga during an IVF cycle combines mindful meditation with physical movement. Yoga is a great physical activity for preparing the body for undergoing the physical and emotional challenges of an IVF cycle. Yoga prepares a woman’s body for pregnancy.
Physical activity through yoga in conjunction with IVF will:
- Elicit a relaxation response in your body to reduce chronic stress
- Counteract harmful stress hormones
- Direct blood flow
There are many creative yoga sequences specifically designed to:
- Center attention on breathing
- Center attention on relaxing the mind and body
Practicing Yoga During Your IVF Cycle
A thoughtful regimen of yoga during an IVF cycle combines mindful meditation with physical movement. Yoga is a great physical activity for preparing the body for undergoing the physical and emotional challenges of an IVF cycle.
Yoga prepares the body for pregnancy.
- Reduces stress
- Balances hormones
- Supports and nurtures the body, mind and spirit
When practicing yoga during an IVF cycle, follow five simple rules.
- Listen to your body – stop if something doesn’t feel right
- No twists
- No full inversions
- Avoid stress on your abdominal muscles
- Keep your body temperature neutral during your yoga practice – don’t sweat it
More Helpful Resources to Help Increase Your Fertility
Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs is a nationally renowned fertility specialist offering many patient resources and support groups to help you successfully complete your IVF journey. Click the icon below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Laurence Jacobs – or – call 888.325.7389.