Increasing your intake of foods rich in Vitamin B-6 – such as fortified grain products – has been scientifically linked to positive pregnancy tests. NOTE: No more than 100 milligrams of a Vitamin B-6 supplement daily is recommended according to the National Institutes of Health.
Benefits of Vitamin B-6
Deficiencies in nutrients beneficial to reproductive health can make it hard to get pregnant. Vitamin B-6 appears to influence fertility – although it is not the sole answer to conceiving a child. Vitamins and minerals naturally found in foods serve a very important role in your whole body health when it comes to conceiving and carrying a baby to full term.
Vitamin B-6 and the Menstrual Cycle
Luteal Phase – Post ovulation hormones prepare the body for implantation of an embryo. The level of a key hormone – progesterone – can be raised by Vitamin B-6 when a woman’s body is preparing for pregnancy.
Mediterranean Style of Eating and Vitamin B-6
The Mediterranean style of eating produces healthy levels of folate because it is rich in Vitamin B-6.
- Vegetable oils like olive oil
The Mediterranean Diet also produces healthy levels of B-6 in the blood and follicular fluid.
- Fortified grain products – cereal and oatmeal
- Baked potatoes
- Chicken breast
- Sunflower seeds
Fertility Awareness Check Up
This check-up will uncover basic information about a couple’s future chances of getting pregnant. A Fertility Awareness Check Up will provide you with a thorough initial reproductive health assessment.
- FSH level – Day 2, 3, or 4
- Estrogen – Estradiol serum level (E2) – Day 2, 3, or 4
- Ultrasound Antral Follicle Count (US-AFC) – Day 2, 3, or 4
- Semen Analysis (SA) for men
Benefits of B-6 & Fertility Nutrition
At his beautiful Hoffman Estates IL location, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs offers customized fertility treatment for every patient’s personal and medical needs.
- Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Treatments
- Non-invasive IUI – Intrauterine Insemination – artificial insemination
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization – including using donor eggs
- Genetic Testing and Gender Selection in conjunction with IVF
- Egg Donor & Gestational Carrier IVF cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
- Cryopreservation – Oocyte (egg), Embryo, Sperm
Click here to schedule your New Patient Telemedicine Consultation via Zoom with Dr. Jacobs – or call 888.325.7389.