The month of April provides an opportunity to raise awareness about how sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can adversely affect your fertility. The mission of STD Awareness Month is to ensure men and women have the tools and knowledge to prevent, test for, and treat STDs in a steadfast effort to preserve their future fertility.
Many cases of infertility are the direct result of harm caused to the reproductive system by a SDT. The mission of April’s STD Awareness campaign is to spread a public warning about the high risk of infertility due to SDTs – especially to our youth.
Spread the Dangerous SDT Facts – Not the Disease
This is of grave concern to those planning on having a family in their future – short or long term. STD’s have increased for the fifth consecutive year. Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs wants you to be well-informed about the infertility ramifications spread by SDTs.
Since 2013, there has been a surging danger to the fertility health of many Americans due to STDs. According to a CDC Surveillance Report, there are an estimated 2.5 million cases of:
And, the dangerous statistics keep climbing today. There are many ways to prevent being infected with an STD. When contracted, SDTs must be promptly treated to avoid future infertility.
STD Awareness Month of April
The Infertility Doctor spreads STD Awareness year-round – not just in the month of April.
Mission Statement: STDs are a danger to your fertility.
- Prevention – Use condoms
- Testing – Get yourself tested regularly
- Treating – Follow your doctor’s Rx
- Curing – Don’t be reckless after you’ve beaten a STD
Avid Promoter of SDT Awareness
At his beautiful Hoffman Estates IL location, Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs offers customized fertility treatment for every patient’s personal and medical needs.
- Diagnostic Testing and Corrective Treatments
- Non-invasive IUI – Intrauterine Insemination – artificial insemination
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization – including using donor eggs
- Genetic Testing and Gender Selection in conjunction with IVF
- Egg Donor & Gestational Carrier IVF cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
- Cryopreservation – Oocyte (egg), Embryo, Sperm
Click here to schedule your New Patient Telemedicine Consultation via Zoom with Dr. Jacobs – or call 888.325.7389.